Attendance tracking apps are becoming very popular these days. They allow managers to monitor their employees’ attendance and give them instant feedback. Also, they provide real-time data and instant feedback to both employers and employees.
There are many reasons why an employer would want to use an attendance tracker, such as:
1) To track the time that each employee spends working on company business
2) To ensure that all employees arrive at work on time
3) To help employees understand how much they should be paid for their services
4) To find out if any of the employees are over or underperforming
5) To make sure that no one is taking unauthorized breaks during working hours
6) To keep track of whether or not the employees have been late in the past
7) To determine which employees are most productive and therefore deserve more pay
8) To reduce absenteeism among the staff
9) To improve productivity by ensuring that everyone is present when needed
10) To increase efficiency and productivity by automating payroll
11) To avoid paying overtime rates to those who don’t show up for work
12) To ensure that the employees are being compensated fairly for the work that they do
13) To ensure that the employees are happy with their job and are satisfied with their salary
14) To ensure that businesses can accurately bill clients for their services
15) To manage employee shifts and schedules effectively
However, employers often find it tedious and time-consuming to track employee attendance manually.
But with attendance and performance management software like Time Doctor, you can easily keep track of your employees’ work schedules and attendance records.
Here’s why you should look into some of Time Doctor’s attendance tracking features:
1. Provides real-time insight into employee attendance with the attendance reporting feature.
Once you have assigned individual shifts to your employees, you can use Time Doctor to track when each employee is partially absent, fully absent, late, or consistently on time.
For example, an employee whose shift starts at 8 am will be marked late if they join in after that. An employee who is not active for a larger portion of time will be marked absent. You can use this data to monitor the productivity of your employees.
That’s not all! Each time your employee is absent/late, they can go to their Time Doctor dashboard in Reports > Attendance and enter their reasons for absence. Employers can access these any time they want and make notes for each team member. (Source)
You can customize the date range and select who is included in the report before downloading it.
While you’re there, feel free to download a summary report of the following aspects of your team’s productivity too:
- Time use.
- Daily timeline.
- Web and app usage.
- Poor time use.
- Projects worked on.
However, Time Doctor doesn’t stop at attendance reporting only. Here are some other powerful time and productivity management features you can enjoy.
2. Supports both manual and automatic time tracking.
You can decide whether you want to track time manually or automatically. If you prefer manual time tracking, your employees will have to manually start and stop tracking their time each time they start working. They can also add in their recorded times in case they forget to log in.
If you opt for automatic time tracking, Time Doctor will run silently in the background and begin recording time when the employee turns on their PC.
Managers and admins can review productivity data in real-time.
3. The work schedules feature helps simplify shift management.
With the work schedules feature, you can customize, edit, and assign particular shifts and work schedules for each employee. The app will automatically update its schedule according to the employee’s leaves and absences.
You can also monitor individual employee workload and assign schedules to avoid burnouts.
You can also conveniently export and import CSV. files to load shifts into the program.
4. Eliminates payroll errors and disputes with the payroll feature.
With Time Doctor’s payroll feature, you can directly compensate your employees on the app through leading payment gateways like PayPay, Wise, Gusto, and ADP.
You can customize this feature to set pay rates, currencies, and pay periods. The app will then remind you to make timely payments in proportion with the time logged in by employees.
Time Doctor also integrates with 50+ apps, including Asana, Basecamp, Trello, ClickUp, etc., making it easy to track time across other apps you may already be using.
Hope this information helps you.
We also have detailed articles about
These are definitely worth checking out.
If you need help regarding any other project management and tracking software, please leave us a message below.